Tuesday, December 19, 2023

To Baba - A Heartfelt Tribute - 1955 - 2023

In the quiet corners of our hearts, the echoes of a simple yet profound man linger. My father last month expired, due to a rare disease Alzheimer's. A wonderful person, a simple and down-to-earth human being.  Mr Paresh Chandra Das was fondly called DasBabu or Doctor Saheb (in Dehradun) and led a life as simple as a sunbeam, devoid of any ostentatious display, in fact, he detested any flashy lifestyle. Down-To-Earth, yet above all, the rock-star father was a true hero in all senses. Served the central government services for over 35 years before voluntarily retiring in the early 2000s.  

Many years ago, I asked him the perrenial existentialist question,  "Baba where is my home? What is my home? Where do I belong to? I was born in West Bengal, Grew up in Dehradun (spent 22 years), Adult Working life in Delhi (13 years), Working Abroad in Fiji (3 years) and now living in Working in Bengal (last 4 years). 

"Son," his voice, still echoing rumbled, "where you find your daily bread, where you find shelter, and where you find the company that shapes your path – that, is your home. Be honest, be dedicated, let truth be your guiding light, and the rest of the world is yours. You are a global citizen, remember that. Always work honestly, with 100 per cent dedication. Never cheat anyone."

I promise baba, your lessons imparted will forever resonate in my life. Will try to lead the way you looked at life as, simple(r) living.

To all those who have been part of my life during this challenging period, I extend my heartfelt gratitude as we transition into a new life. 

Om Shanti, Om Shanti


From All of us at Das Bari 

Palash, Chandan, Ma, Pori and Arpita


No comments:

To Baba - A Heartfelt Tribute - 1955 - 2023

In the quiet corners of our hearts, the echoes of a simple yet profound man linger. My father last month expired, due to a rare disease Alzh...